Pick of the week
I recently saw Mark Chu-Carroll friday random ten articles and liked the idea. So here’s the Indianized(or rather tamilianized) version for your taking – My Pick of the week! A list of five songs that have fascinated me over the week.
And the winners of the inaugral edition are…
- “Maha ganapathim” from Morning Raaga by Amit Heri and Mani Sharma. Vinayak Chathurthi special! The best rendering of the song I’ve heard to date. Suda Ragunathan at her best. I don’t know what happened to the Mani Sharma that composed for this movie. All his other movies seem third rate compared to this one. I almost refused to believe that this was one of his works for a while.
- “Yennadi Muniyamma” from Vaathiyar by Imman. One of the few remixed songs that still sound nice! Karthick has done a great job in rendering the song
- “Dreaming of you” from the Scrubs OST by The Coral. I still can’t figure out why I like this song so much. I almost feel disappointed that its only about 2 minutes.
- “Yentha kuthariyal varuvaan” from Satham Podathey by Yuvanshankar Raja. The movie that marks yuvan’s return to good music. He’s finally back to his old form after a huge pestering pile of noise he’s composed in the recent times. Shreya Goshal’s shines with her ability to set the mood for the song
- “Kallori Salaikkul” from Sivapathikaaram by Vidyasagar. Probably the only song about college life that makes sense. I’m still trying to find out who wrote this song.