A five pointer on Hpricot Vs REXML
- Hpricot(as of this writing) is still *very* incomplete! It’s doesn’t support everything that you would want to do in Xpath. I had to jumps through hoops to get a few things done. REXML on the other hand works like a charm. Hpricot also behaves weirdly(and unpredictably) at places.
- Hpricot has parts of its implementation in C and way faster than REXML.
- I like the Hpricot syntax, which seemed more natural than what REXML uses
- REXML is very adament about content errors and would refuse to parse a document having a single misplaced ‘&’. Hpricot never complained.
- REXML is in the standard library